004: Get To Know Your Own Mind with Dr. Arnie Kozak
Download MP3 Here
Arnie Kozak, PhD, is a psychotherapist, clinical assistant professor in psychiatry at the University of Vermont College of Medicine, and workshop leader at the Barre Center for Buddhist Studies, The Copper Beech Institute, and the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health. He is author of 108 Metaphors for Mindfulness: From Wild Chickens to Petty Tyrants, Mindfulness A-Z: 108 Insights for Awakening Now, The Awakened Introvert: Practical Mindfulness Skills for Maximizing Your Strengths and Thriving in a Loud and Crazy World, and The Everything Essentials Buddhism Book. Arnie has been practicing yoga and meditation for over thirty years and is dedicated to translating the Buddha’s teachings into readily accessible forms. In the long winters of northern Vermont when he’s not working, he rides the frozen slopes on his snowboard. During the short summers, he golfs. During all seasons, you can find him trailing running with his dogs in the foothills of the Green Mountains.
- Mindfulness as therapeutic interventions
- Dr. Kozak’s Journey to India.
- Mindfulness vs Meditation
- Formal meditation vs informal practice of meditation
- To be mindful is to make a conscious decision to just “be with the experience”
- “Off the cushion” Meditation
- Cold Shower
- Disrupt the pattern
- Meditation Muscle
- Dr. Arnie’s intro to meditation
- Meditation is not about achieving a certain state
- Mindful Golfing
- Potential benefits from meditation
- Connected to the senses of awareness outside of our stories.
- Starting to get to know your own Mind