012: Dr. Geoff Huls: 100% of your 100%
Dr. Geoff Huls was seriously injured physically and emotionally in an automobile collision in 1999. This crash caused multiple contusions, fractures and killed two of his friends. A broken back and fractured leg forced him to walk with crutches followed by several months using a cane. It was a tragic part of his life that will forever be an influence on who he is and what he stands for.
His wellness journey started with accepting that he was not invincible. It sent him on a quest for knowledge and eventually led him to Chiropractic College, where he was introduced to Dr. James Chestnut and the Wellness Certification he holds through Life West & the International Chiropractic Association.
The First21 was created to be your first steps on a lifetime journey of health and wellness. Based on the principle that it takes 21 days to make or break a habit, the First21 works by making things simple. It splits the complexity of wellness into doable health challenges to be carried out over habit-forming periods of time. These challenges are meant to be repeated to help you continually improve, maintain or even to get you back on track.
The First21 is your friend. It’s your simple, healthy, achievable new habit. And it’s just within your reach!
- His life changing experience and how he overcame his own health crisis
- What does it mean to be 100% of your 100%
- It’s socially accepted to be sick, and why that's a big problem.
- Why unrealistic goal setting is sabotaging your success
- In order to be “well” you have to eat, move, and think appropriately at the same time for a period of time
- How to combat our own “tendencies”
- Get the “Basics” of the Healthy Living down
- The benefit of journaling your "sugar intake"
- 9 out of 10 kids are not eating enough vegetables
- Tomatoes and potatoes are their vegetable staples
- Lifespan vs functional life span
- Gratitude challenges to create positive outlook on life
Get the first21 book here